GET FREE E-MAIL UPDATES: SEND US YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WITH SUBSCRIBE IN THE SUBJECT LINE
or subscribe to our
Twitter service

UNDERNEWS

Undernews is the online report of the Progressive Review, edited by Sam Smith, who covered Washington during all or part of ten of America's presidencies and who has edited alternative journals since 1964. The Review, which has been on the web since 1995, is now published from Freeport, Maine. We get over 5 million article visits a year. See prorev.com for full contents of our site

February 17, 2010

THINGS YOU DON'T WANT TO DO TO YOUR ROOF

WASHINGTON POST - Workers using a propane torch to clear ice from a roof set fire to a house in Montgomery County on Tuesday, officials said.

The two-story house, which contained artwork and antiques, was badly burned. All told, officials estimated about $1.5 million in damage, said Capt. Oscar Garcia, a spokesman for the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service.

One of the workers was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation, but his injuries were not considered life-threatening, Garcia said. No firefighters were hurt.

"We don't recommend using an open flame to clean off ice or snow from a roof, and that's exactly what it was," Garcia said.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home